The latest generation practices the newest trends.
From their record high buying power to their increased interest in financial education, marketing to Gen Z should be a top priority in your marketing plans.
Consumer Behavior 101
- Gen Z is not Millennials 2.0 – the first group in Gen Z just graduated college and your Millennial customers are now buying homes, starting families, etc.
- They prioritize authenticity and value when evaluating a financial brand’s services and content. Education is also big for Gen Z.
- Avoid a “one-size-fits-all” approach when evaluating how to reach Gen Z; tailoring services to their needs is the best way to gain and keep their attention.
- Share stories from customers to inspire, connect, influence and promote products to Gen Z.
- Measure and track the effectiveness of how your social and digital campaigns are reaching Gen Z by using the Facebook Audience Network, Facebook Pixel or Google Analytics data.
- Offer opportunities for Gen Z to connect with your brand through questionnaires, polls and campaigns.
Marketing and Messaging 303
- Establish brand influencers to connect with and educate your Gen Z customers.
- Seek to provide value with social media content; bonus points for entertaining your Gen Z audience.
- Look for feedback: Gen Z is very vocal about their interests – listen to them.