Thank you for using Social Assurance. This privacy notice explains how Social Assurance collects, uses, processes, discloses, retains, and protects personal information when i) we provide Services to you; and ii) we process personal information at your instruction that may be included as part of the content which you view, upload, download or otherwise appears on our Services.
When this privacy notice refers to “Social Assurance”, “us”, “we” or “our”, it refers to Social Assurance.
Social Assurance is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who:
- visit any of its websites or mobile sites, including socialassurance.com, including all subdomains, present and future (the “Website”);
- use any of its mobile applications (the “Applications“);
- use any of its Services including other Social Assurance products and services made available from time to time (the “Platforms“).
We call the Website, the Applications, the Platforms together the “Services“.
To make this notice easier to read, any applicable Social Assurance terms of service are referred to as the “Terms”. If you see an undefined term in this Privacy Notice, it has the same definition as in our Terms.
Social Assurance offers a suite of social media management tools. Our Services enable you to bring together your social media accounts for easy access and management through a single online portal. Social Assurance helps its users manage social media campaigns, marketing and advertising; engaging audiences; scheduling and publishing messages; and analyzing their results. When you link your existing social media accounts to your Social Assurance account, you can choose to instantly collect, process, share and access content via your Social Assurance account. Our Services also enable an ecosystem where you can choose to purchase or connect your Social Assurance account to a series of third-party services (a “Third-Party App”).
Personal information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is an individual that can be identified, directly or indirectly, be referenced to an identifier such as: a name, an identification number, specific location data, an online identifier, or other attributes specific to that natural person.
Personal information does not include information that has been anonymized or aggregated in such a way that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether on its own or in combination with other information.
The personal information that we collect falls into two broad categories: Account Data and Content.
Account data is personal information you provide us, or that we collect from you and your devices in connection with your access to and use of our Services (such as when you provide us information to register for an account, or information we collect about your browser when you connect to one of our Services, etc.). In legal terms, we collect and use this Account Data as a data controller.
There are two general categories of Account Data we collect in order to provide you with the Services.
1. Information you give us
- Account information. You may provide us with information in connection with the creation and management of your account for the Services, such as a name, email address and a password to create a Social Assurance account.
- Billing information. If you have purchased a paid version of the Services, or if you make another financial transaction using our Services (such as purchasing a Third-Party App), we (and our third-party payment processors) will collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes billing details and credit card information, other account and authentication information.
- Other information. You may otherwise choose to provide us with information when you fill in a form, contact our customer support, respond to surveys or use other features of our Services. You may also provide us with other optional information as part of your account profile, including your usernames, avatars and links to the Social Network profiles you authenticate with your Social Assurance profile.
2. Information we automatically collect from your use of the Services
- Log data and usage information. Like most websites, when you view content on or otherwise interact with our Services our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a Website or that your Application sends when you are using it. This log data may include your IP address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, your device information, the date and time of your use of the Services, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, unique identifiers and cookie data.
- Location information. When you use our Services, we may collect information about your geographic location.
The content which you upload, download, or view on our Services (defined as “Content” in our Terms) may, but does not necessarily, contain personal information. When we refer to “Content” in this notice, we mean the personal information in Content that we process. We only process Content at your direction. In legal terms, we act as data processors for the personal information included in the Content. Our obligations and commitments as it relates to our processing of Content on behalf of our users is outlined in the section below called Content – Social Assurance as a Data Processor
Account Data – How we use it
We use, store, and process Account Data as a data controller to provide, understand, improve and develop our Services, keep our Services safe and to comply with our legal obligations. More particularly, we use it to:
Identify our users
We use Account Data to identify you when you login to your account.
We use Account Data to enable us to operate the Services and provide them to you, including to:
- enable your access to our Services
- allow you to communicate with us and with other users
- verify your transactions, for purchase confirmation, billing, security, and authentication (including security tokens for communication with installed Third-Party Apps)
- contact you about your account and provide customer service support, including responding to your comments and questions
- keep you informed about the Services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, contests and events we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us
- sell or market Social Assurance products and Services to you
Improve and optimize our Services
We use Account Data to:
- better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends, perform analytics, conduct research and improve the features and usability of the Services, test and troubleshoot new products and better understand and market to our users
- analyze the Website or the other Services and information about our visitors and users, including research into our user demographics and user behavior
- create aggregate (non-identifiable) statistics about users of the Services with a view to introducing improvements and improving usability of the Services
Keep our Services safe.
We use Account Data to verify accounts and activity, maintain the integrity of our Services, and to keep the Services safe and secure.
Account Data – Legal Basis for Use
Our legal basis for collecting and using Account Data as a data controller will depend on the specific context in which we collect it. However, as a data controller, we will collect personal information from you where:
- we have your consent to do so
- where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the Social Assurance Services you have requested), or
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests (and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms)
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Where we rely on your consent to process Account Data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. Please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Account Data Access and Control
As a user, you may update or correct most of your Account Data by logging in to your account to edit your profile or organization record.
Depending on where you reside, you may have the right to exercise additional rights available to you under applicable laws with regards to the personal information Social Assurance holds about you as a data controller, including:
- Right of erasure: In certain circumstances, you may have a broader right to erasure of personal information that we hold about you – for example, if it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was originally collected. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for as long as you maintain an account for our Services, or as needed to provide you with our Services, for record keeping purposes, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce the Terms.
- Right to object to processing: You may have the right to request that Social Assurance stops processing your personal information and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to restrict processing: You may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances (for example, where you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate).
- Right to data portability: In certain circumstances, you may have the right to be provided with your personal information in a structured, machine readable and commonly used format and to request that we transfer the personal information to another data controller without hindrance.
Content Data Processing
You, as a Social Assurance user, control how Content is generated, requested, submitted or published and processed on our Services. When you use our Services, you may view, create, and analyze Content which will ultimately be published on the various Social Networks
As the user, you are the data controller of your Content and we are the data processor for such Content. Where we process Content, we do so at your direction and on your behalf in accordance with the instructions you give us through the Services. When you connect your social media accounts through our Services, we only access, process, and use the Content to provide our Services subject to the Terms and the various terms and conditions imposed by the Social Networks. We may, in limited circumstances process Content for the purposes of improving the Services and functionalities users ask for as part of their Social Assurance experience.
If you are using the Services by invitation of a Social Assurance customer, whether that customer is your employer, another organization, or an individual, that customer determines its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, sharing, and retention of Content, which may apply to your use of the Services. Please check with the customer about the policies and settings it has in place.
Third-Party Apps and Social Networks
While we attempt to facilitate access only to those Social Networks and Third-Party Apps that share our respect for your privacy, we cannot take responsibility for the Content or privacy policies of any Social Networks or Third-Party Apps. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies of any Social Networks or Third-Party Apps you access via the Services.
Account Data and Content Privacy Information
Except as provided in this privacy notice, Social Assurance does not share any personal information gathered via the Services with third parties. We may however share Account Data or Content under the following circumstances:
- with your consent or at your direction, such as when you connect a Social Network to our Services or authorize a Third-Party App to access your account
- with service providers (including payment processors) we engage to perform functions or provide services to us, where those service providers are subject to obligations that are consistent with this privacy notice and to appropriate confidentiality and security measures
- where we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or if we are otherwise legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands
- if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, situations involving potential threats to our rights or property (or to the rights or property of those who use our Services), or to protect the personal safety of any person
- if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve the security of our Services, abuse of the Services infrastructure, or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of the Services)
- to a parent company, subsidiaries, joint venture, or other companies under common control with Social Assurance
How long we keep personal information
We retain your Account Data for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, or enforcing our Terms.
We retain Content for as long as needed to provide the Services, or until you ask us to delete it pursuant to the Terms. We retain and use this Content as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce the Terms.
How we protect personal information
Social Assurance follows industry best practices to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Account Data and Content we collect, use, process and store, and the current state of technology.
Cookies and similar technologies
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Social Assurance reserves the right to make changes to its privacy notice at any time. Innovation in software happens quickly and laws, regulations and industry standards evolve, which may make those changes necessary, or we may make changes to our business. If we do make changes to the privacy notice, we will post them to this page, so we encourage you to stay informed by checking back here periodically.
Social Assurance is headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska. You can contact us with the information below:
PO Box 80563
Lincoln, Ne 68501