Updated: December 9, 2021.
Social Assurance provides a suite of online tools including the Marketing Platform, Sales Agents, Community Spark and other products delivered through website and mobile applications. These tools allow you to bring together social media accounts in a singular dashboard, implement an approval workflow to comply with regulated practices and archival of content to assist in reporting for regulated purposes. Collectively these products and services are referred to as “Services”. When providing these services, we are acting as a service provider.
Among other services, Social Assurance enables connections to social networks including, but not restricted to Facebook, Instagram (Meta), Twitter and LinkedIn. These “Social Networks” are governed by their respective policies and terms. When using these social networks, you are required to comply to their terms. Social Assurance recommends reviewing their individual terms and if Social Assurance finds you to be noncompliant with social networks, Social Assurance may notify you and/or revoke access to tools.
We collect information depending on which Services are used including:
Visiting our websites
When you visit our website, whether by mobile device or desktop experiences information about you is automatically collected:
- Social Assurance utilizes cookies to enhance the experience of the website including web beacons, pixels, and software tokens.
- When you fill out a form or connect with automated chat functionality to make an inquiry, provide feedback, or make another request, we may collect information about you such as your name and email address, your specific feedback or request, and information related to your use of our Services.
- Aggregated website traffic data, sourced through a third-party service (Google Analytics) tracks information such as time taken to complete the form), engagement rate, session replay, and mouse movements.
- Your contact and profile information including your name, email address, organization name, and address; your preferences such as language, time zone, and the types of communications you would like to receive from us; and image (if you choose to provide this). We may also obtain this information if you choose to use a social login service, such as Facebook Login, to create or access your account.
- Billing and other payment information (if you sign up for services), including payment method details, address, etc.
- The Services you have acquired from us, including the type of plan, number of team members, and transaction information related to the Services.
- Your social profile information for Social Networks you choose to connect to the Services. For example, your Facebook profile information may include your Facebook username and profile image.
- A specific location such as an address, a city, or a place (for example, a restaurant) if you choose to share this information.
- Your messages, posts, comments, images, advertising, and other material you curate on and upload to the Services; and information that is collected from the Social Networks that you choose to connect to and which is displayed on our Services.
- Content that you may send and receive through Social Networks may contain personal information of third parties. This may include information such as: names, photos, age, gender, geographic location, opinions, preferences, and phone numbers that are provided or posted by social media users.
Logs, usage, and support data:
- Log data, which may include your IP address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, your device information (such as make, model, and OS), the date and time when you used the Services, information about your browser configuration, language preferences, unique identifiers, and cookies.
- Usage data and analytics, which may include the frequency of login, and the different types of activity undertaken by users such as frequently accessed areas of the Services.
- General Location information, such as IP address and the region in which you are located when you are logging in and using the Services, in accordance with the settings on your device.
- Customer support questions, issues, and general feedback that you choose to provide.
Surveys, events, marketing and other activities
Surveys, events (such as webinars and in-person events) for those we host or are affiliated with:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, organization name and address.
- Participation, attendance, feedback and opinions.
- General information about your organization that you choose to provide, such as annual company revenue, number of employees, and industry. We may also use service providers to obtain additional business-related information about your organization such as the legal name, size, and publicly available revenue, to assist us in offering services that are appropriate to your organization’s needs.
- Social media: Your messages, posts and other interactions with our brand and social media accounts.
- Email interactions and analytics: Information on how you engage with our emails such as email open and click rates, whether a link is clicked, which web pages are visited after opening the email, the type of browser and email clients you use, and general location (i.e. country and region) information.
- Teleconference, videoconference, and other meetings: Your preferences, feedback, opinions and business needs.
- Accessing resources (e.g. videos, whitepapers or case studies) on our website: Your name and contact information, and engagement analytics such as the type and frequency of resources accessed, viewed and downloaded.
If you applied for employment at Social Assurance, we may collect your email address, contact information and supplied resume. This information is not shared with third-parties, but may be received through third-parties such as Indeed.
We use your information in the following ways based on the services:
- We analyze usage information, support tickets, and survey responses to identify issues and help us make improvements to our Services based on your feedback.
- We use information that you provide when signing up to set up your account, process payments, contact you regarding the Services, and manage your account.
- We use your contact information and information related to your request to respond to your inquiries, manage our contract with you, respond to your questions and requests, and send you updates and information about the Services.
- We use logging and other data such as general location information—for example, the IP address of your browser or device, to help us manage the performance, security and compliance of the Services.
- Where you have chosen to share your specific location information, we use this information to provide location based features, such as enabling you to share your location on your posts for Social Networks that support this functionality, and to use any functionality that relies on location information.
- We need to identify and authenticate our users to ensure, for example, that only those authorized users are able to use the Services, and to make changes to their accounts.
- We use Content, information that you send and receive through Social Networks, and other information from these Social Networks (such as your messages, posts, comments, images, advertising, and other material you curate on and upload to the Services) in order to provide the Services.
In order to serve you better and help you to be aware of changes to our services and the related industry changes and changes to social networks Social Assurance will use your contact information to notify you of these changes to services and additional opportunities to engage with Social Assurance. We use email statistical data, including open rates to determine the effectiveness of our communications.
Most of your contact information may be updated by selecting the “My Profile” section from within Social Assurance applications.
If you have information that you cannot remove directly from within the platform, you may reach out to Social Assurance team to request this information be removed via email or support ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that some information about you is required to provide Services to you, such as your name and email for login purposes and notifications. We may need to retain other records for record keeping purposes, such as financial requirements and also for legal purposes in cases where there may be a dispute or regulatory purposes.
Requests to access, correct, update, or delete your information can be made in writing to our privacy team and will be handled within thirty (30) days unless they are unusually extensive or complex, in which case we will advise you of the expected timeline for handling your request.
If you have connected a social media account and wish to revoke access, you may do that at anytime by visiting the “channels” page within social assurance and removing access to the social network. You may contact our support team for any assistance in removing access as well email@example.com
Social Assurance does not sell your personal information. We restrict your information to authorized employees with the exceptions outlined below.
We share limited information for the purposes of communicating directly via email marketing partners. We limit the number of processors, however they may include services for tracking support tickets, email marketing communications and the delivery of transactional emails.
Social Assurance utilizes Amazon Web Services for hosting servers and web applications and relies our their extensive secure infrastructure.
In instances where your employer or a representative from your employer chose to purchase Services, your name and email may be shared with Social Assurance to provide services.
Social Assurance may disclose personally identifiable information collected from Users to its parent, subsidiary and other related companies including trusted advisors, such as attorneys and accountants.
Social Assurance may also disclose personally identifiable information for any of the following:
At the request of law enforcement or governmental agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process, to establish, protect or exercise Social Assurance’s legal or other rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law
If you are a User in the EEA, we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you access to the Website, including to operate the Website, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Website and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the User is party or in order to take steps at the request of the User prior to entering into a contract;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using Services.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users that are residents of California to request certain information regarding Social Assurance’s disclosures of personally identifiable information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If User is a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email Social Assurance at firstname.lastname@example.org or write Company at PO Box 80563, Lincoln, NE 68501.
Information about Users that is maintained on Social Assurance’s systems is protected using generally accepted industry security standards. However, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and Social Assurance cannot guarantee that the information submitted to, maintained on or transmitted from its systems will be completely secure. Social Assurance is not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures relating to the Website by any Users or third parties.
We do employ strategies of encryption, including in transit and at rest, third-party payment processors such as Stripe are PCI Compliant and data is hosted in a secured SSAE-16 facility.
We maintain Customer Data for as long as the Customer contract for Services provided is active.
- We offer Social Assurance users (based on permissions set by your administrators) the ability to delete archives from the Services at any time.
- Administrators may setup limit for data to be stored in Social Assurance Services based on time-frame by requesting an expiration date schedule.
- Your Social Assurance services administrator(s) can request a Data Retention policy to enabled purging of archive records older than a set number of weeks, months or years from Social Assurance support. Any content that is deleted due to the expiration of the retention period will no longer be available in the Services.
- You many request that we return and/or delete Customer data at the end of the Customer contract. Such requests must be directed to our Support team and are subject to Terms.
- All data deleted by you in the Social Assurance platform will no longer be available in the platform, but we’ll retain this information in the database for a 30 day grace period, which allows us to support you in case any data is mistakenly deleted by your users.
- We retain copies of Customer Data in database backups to fulfill business continuity and disaster recovery requirements. Data in backups is deleted every 30 days.
- We may also retain Customer data and other information as long as necessary to comply with legal obligations and to resolve disputes.
- We may retain other information for business reasons (for example, we retain contracts and financial information as corporate records).
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy and Security Policy, you may contact Company via any of the following methods:
PO Box 80563
Lincoln, NE 68501